Chambers High Net Worth Guide
Cummings & Lockwood’s Private Clients Group has been ranked in Band 1 for Private Wealth Law in Connecticut in 2022 by Chambers High Net Worth Guide for the 7th consecutive year.
According Chambers, the firm received high praise from those interviewed, “They're talented and the way they do their work is impressive," noted one interviewee. Another commented: "They are easy to work with, professional, timely, and practical. Our experiences with Cummings have been nothing but positive."
In addition, 9 of the Firm’s Principals have been recognized as notable practitioners by Chambers.
In the Private Wealth Law category, the following attorneys in the firm’s Private Clients Group ranked in Chambers:
- B. Cort Delany (Greenwich Office) handles trusts, estates and business succession planning and estate administration. "He has statesman-like demeanour, and he's a great family trust adviser," says an interviewee before concluding: "He has such a wonderful and diplomatic way of navigating those tough family dispute conversations with such grace. If I need someone with diplomatic skill, he's my go-to."
- Daniel G. Johnson (Stamford Office) practices trust and estate administration along with family business succession and estate planning. He has a strong reputation for this work in Connecticut.
- Douglas H. Olin (Greenwich Office) advises high net worth clients on estate and trust planning as well as administration. A source describes him as an "excellent lawyer," adding that he has a "great reputation and is very personable."
- Heather J. Rhoades (West Hartford Office) advises clients on charitable and estate planning in addition to trust administration. "Clients love Heather," states a source, adding: "She connects with clients very quickly and her expertise is top-notch. She's proactive and she does what she says she's going to do."
- Howard S. Tuthill, III (Stamford Office) works with high net worth clients on trust and estate planning and probate administration, and acts as a fiduciary. He is well respected among trusts and estate lawyers for this work.
- Kelley Galica Peck (West Hartford Office) advises on trust and estate planning and administration, as well as charitable gift planning.
- Laura Weintraub Beck’s '(Greenwich Office) practice covers trust and estate administration, and business succession planning. She also represents clients in probate litigation.
- Paul L. Bourdeau (West Hartford Office) has a strong reputation among interviewees for his comprehensive trust and estates practice. Many of his matters involve clients with high-value assets.
In addition, Michael P. Kaelin in the firm’s Litigation Group was recognized in the Private Wealth Disputes category in Connecticut by Chambers.
- Michael P. Kaelin (Stamford Office) is a highly rated litigation lawyer with significant experience handling contentious trust and estate disputes. Interviewees describe him as a "top-notch" probate litigator.
About Chambers High Net Worth Guide
Chambers High Net Worth Guide ranks the leading lawyers and law firms for international private wealth. Those ranked in the guide understand the complex needs of HNW individuals and provide specialist advice and legal services. The leading annual legal directory for HNW clients also recommends top accountancy firms, private banks, wealth managers, trust companies and other professional advisers to high net worth and ultrahigh net worth individuals, globally.
Family offices and professional advisers to wealthy individuals can benefit from the rankings and analysis provided as it provides objective guidance on an international scale.
These extensive and market-leading recommendations, rankings and insights are based on the in-depth analysis carried out by our dedicated team of experienced researchers.
Chambers High Net Worth covers private wealth management work and related specialisms in key jurisdictions around the world, featuring the most informative and important editorial about the leading professional advisers to wealthy individuals and families in each market.
More than 55 countries around the world, including every major private wealth market across six continents, are researched meticulously by the Chambers High Net Worth team of specialist research analysts. Chambers High Net Worth has rankings and editorial for every US State and coverage of the United Kingdom region-by-region as well as London.
- About Us
- Client Service
- Professional Recognitions