For more than a century, Cummings & Lockwood’s Litigation Group has represented national and local businesses, as well as individuals. Our attorneys have extensive experience in State and Federal Courts, as well as national arbitration and mediation forums. Cummings & Lockwood’s litigation team is known for both its ability to try complex and nuanced cases, as well as to deliver creative and cost-effective resolutions when settlement is possible. Throughout the process, our attorneys pride themselves on continuously communicating with our clients to ensure that we are working to best fulfill their goals.
The hallmark of our litigation practice is our combination of the capabilities and resources of a large law firm with the responsiveness and personal service of a boutique firm. Our clients’ goals are always our first priority. We strive to provide every client with the optimum level of cost-efficient staffing, regardless of a case’s size or complexity. Our substantial resources and extensive trial experience allow us to handle “bet the company” cases, as well as litigation that calls for sophisticated electronic discovery.
Our reputation for client service and integrity is also recognized by many of the top 100 AmLaw firms that trust us to provide their valued clients with Connecticut litigation counsel.
Our litigation attorneys practice in the following areas:
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Closely-Held Business Litigation
- Trust and Probate Litigation
- Real Property and Environmental Litigation
- Asbestos Defense/Toxic Torts/Product Liability Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
Cummings & Lockwood - The Choice for sophisticated legal counsel.
ALERTS & UPDATES
NEWS & PRESS RELEASES
- Litigation Attorney, David T. Martin, Authors LexisNexis Practice Guide: Connecticut Contract Litigation
- Michael P. Kaelin of Cummings & Lockwood Authors Book Entitled, Probate Litigation in Connecticut
- Cummings & Lockwood Selected as "Best Law Firm" by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- 11 Cummings & Lockwood Attorneys Named Among The 200 Outstanding Lawyers of Fairfield County
- 16 Cummings & Lockwood Attorneys Have Been Named 2016 Connecticut Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 21 Cummings & Lockwood Attorneys in Connecticut and Florida Named 2017 Best Lawyers in America
- Cummings & Lockwood Wins Significant Probate Law Ruling from Connecticut Supreme Court Concerning Calculation of Surviving Spouse's Statutory Share
- In Case of First Impression, Cummings & Lockwood Client Wins $4.5 MillionTrial Judgment in Complex Assignment of Debt Action
- Cummings & Lockwood's Trial Group Wins Multi-Million Dollar Trial of Hedge Fund Partnership Dispute