2018 Estate and Tax Planning Seminar
Cummings & Lockwood’s Private Clients Group held its 2018 Connecticut Estate and Tax Planning Seminars at Wee Burn Country Club in Darien on October 23, the Field Club of Greenwich in Greenwich on October 25, The Inn at Longshore in Westport on October 30, Stamford Yacht Club in Stamford on November 7, and the Roger Sherman Inn in New Canaan on November 8.
The seminar series, which attracted over 350 attendees, discussed estate planning strategies and techniques that can be used to defer and minimize estate taxes and provide for the management of assets in the event of incapacity and at death.
- Why You Need a Will
- Planning for Incapacity: Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Revocable Living Trusts
- An Overview of Federal and State Estate and Gift Taxes, including Recent Tax Law Changes
- Using Tax-Efficient Wills, Trusts and Lifetime Gifting Strategies to Defer and Minimize Taxes
- Leveraging the Annual Gift Exclusions and Gift and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Exemptions
- Selecting the Appropriate Guardians, Executors and Trustees
- Planning for Multiple Generations
- Protecting Inheritances from Divorce and Creditors
- Protecting Your Legacy Along with Your Assets
Speakers included: Stefania Bartlett, Meg Deluca, Dan Fitzgerald, Jessie Gilbert, Susan Huffard, Katie McAllister, Rachel Sherman, David Thal and Rachel Zarghami.