FIDUCIARY ACCOUNTANT - GREENWICH OFFICE
Greenwich office seeks full-time Fiduciary Accountant with a minimum of five years' experience. Must have extensive knowledge of Trusts & Estates practice. General knowledge of law firm practice and procedure is required.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Identifies, collects, analyzes, abstracts, organizes and maintains facts and documents in accordance with correct legal practice and procedure.
- Identifies, collects, analyzes, abstracts, organizes and maintains financial statements and spreadsheets related to client investments.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with clients and personnel both inside and outside the firm to obtain and clarify information needed to substantiate facts, identify documents and otherwise support legal actions.
- Develops, implements and maintains tracking and accounting systems for sophisticated client investments to facilitate preparation of U.S. trust tax returns.
- Organizes and maintains information, facts, records and other documents necessary to support legal actions.
- Assists in analysis of legal proceedings to identify problems, needs and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Functions of the Job
- Prepare federal and state death tax returns.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for decedent's estates, testamentary and inter vivos trusts.
- Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership and non-profit organization tax returns.
- Prepare gift tax returns.
- Prepare estate and trust probate accountings.
- Prepare related filings, planning and analysis for all accountings and returns.
- Trust and estate administration.
- Verbal and written communications with clients, trustees, banks, etc.
- Track due dates and see that returns and accountings are filed timely or extended where applicable.
Specific Skills Required
- Knowledge of accounting and trust procedures.
- Knowledge of individual, partnership and corporate balance sheets.
- Knowledge of the legal functions used in the processing of trusts and estates.
- Ability to develop, organize and maintain electronic data collection.
- Ability to effectively manage case materials.
- Proficient in MSExcel.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO SEARCH FIRM SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME